SOUTH DENVER AREA
Trying to get a handle on the complex process of buying a home today? Your Real Estate Coach is here to help. These city guides contain information necessary to help you learn about the different places that you might be thinking about living so that you can decide where to purchase a new home.
This area includes the towns of Highlands Ranch, Parker and Castle Rock with a portion of Centennial. It includes most of Douglas County. This is a rapidly growing area that most of its growth has occurred since the late 1990s. Much of the area is at a higher elevation than the Denver area with Parker and Castle Rock both being over 6,000 ft in elevation. Both areas include some unique landscapes with some dense pine forests.
Types of homes
The southern suburbs have a large concentration of single family homes and some areas of high end custom homes. Centennial does has a mix of condos townhomes and single family homes as it is home to the Denver Tech Center. The Tech Center is a corporate business center with newer office buildings and corporate locations.
This area is also abound with recreation, shopping and outdoor activities.
- Daniels Park – Hidden gem just south of Denver with 360 degree views of the metro area and a live Buffalo heard on the range.
- Castlewood Canyon State Park – Beautiful canyon just south of the Denver area with incredible hiking and views.
- The Wildlife Experience – Wildlife education center complete with IMAX theatre.
- Castle Rock Hiking – Miles of single track trails in the foothills of Castle Rock.
- Castle Rock Outlets – Excellent close to town outlet shopping in historic Castle Rock.
- Park Meadows Mall – One of the largest shopping malls in the USA.