WEST DENVER AREA
When it comes to buying and selling real estate, we’ve seen the good, the bad, and the ugly. We know that one of the hardest things to determine is if a new city is going to be a good fit for you and your family. That’s why we’ve done the research for you, so that you can save your efforts for all of the other stuff you’ll have to worry about with finding a home. Read about the West Denver suburbs and decide for yourself if this is your future hometown.
This area includes cities of Lakewood, Wheat Ridge, Golden, Littleton and parts of Englewood. It is a more mature area of town and close to the recreation areas of the foothills and the mountains. Several of the communities are wooded with mature trees and mature neighborhoods. The farther west you go the better the views of the city and surrounding areas.
Types of homes
There is a mix of homes with some older homes in Lakewood and Wheat Ridge along with some newer areas along the western and southern edge. You will find some older brick homes in Wheat Ridge and some turn of the century homes in old town Golden. The Western and southern sides of Littleton do have some newer neighborhoods. There is also a mix of single family and townhomes and condos in this area. Very little land is open in this area.
This area is know for its recreation and proximity to the mountains.
- Red Rock Amphitheatre - A world-famous concert and event venue built into natural red rock outcroppings with breathtaking views of Denver.
- Chatfield Reservoir – Furthest south body of water in Denver with swimming, boating, biking and hiking.
- Green Mountain - Miles and miles of trails with incredible views of the metro area.
- Coors Brewery – See where they brew with Rocky Mountain water.
- Southwest Plaza mall – Mall located in the central part of the western Littleton suburbs.
- Colorado Mills Mall – Closest full service mall to the Rockies.